Only members may advertise positions. To submit an employment opportunity, please provide the following information as it will appear in the post: company name, company overview (optional), position title, position description, and how to apply. Please send this information to email@example.com. The post will remain active for one month.
In Toyota Tsusho America’s complex business environment, the Payroll Specialist will apply advanced knowledge of all pay policies to verify, issue, and record adjustments related to prior pay periods or retroactive adjustments. Provides support to all levels of employees on payroll matters, tax issues, and deductions. Updates and maintains wage assignments, garnishments, child support orders, bankruptcy orders, and state and federal tax levies.
Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the company’s 401(K) plan, and provides consultation and assistance with employee education. Leads the development of employee communications. Primary point of contact for compliance responsibilities, including but not limited to audits, filings and participant notices.
This position requires a comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local payroll laws and regulations; company benefits structures; and HRIS functions and configurations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of the biweekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees;
• Researches system innovations to determine the most effective and efficient procedures for time and labor reporting, payroll processing, time keeping devices, leave and attendance management;
• Provides necessary information and documentation for all audits related to employees, payroll and/or benefits (i.e. 401k, annual company audit, wage and hour, etc.);
• Establish controls and auditing practices to ensure regulatory compliance with ERISA, DOL, HIPAA, etc.;
• Responsible for generating and verifying all employee W-2’s at year-end, corrective W-2C’s and amendments;
• Continuously seeks ways to improve existing processes and programs through the use of technology;
• Work directly with the vendors as needed for troubleshooting and evaluation of system updates;
• Establish and maintain end-to-end reporting requests, creation, and processes to develop a best practice approach to report delivery. Completes routine and ad hoc reports;
• Helps determine payroll processing guidelines, policies, and procedures and periodically conducts training for Human Resources staff and eTIME approvers;
• Compile and submit data to Accounting as needed, including but not limited to, PTO accruals.
• Lead the company’s annual Form 1094-C and 1095-C initiatives;
• Completes employee wage and employment verifications;
• Global payroll liaison on the company’s Expatriate team.
• Process QDROs, loans, withdrawals and terminations;
• Creates, calculates and makes timely deposits for deferrals, company match and profit share;
• Train subsidiaries regarding their tracking and submission of data related to payroll and the 401(K) plan;
• Perform nondiscrimination and other compliance testing;
• Ensure 401(K) plan is operating under the terms of the plan document;
• Work with Finance to ensure payroll and 401(K) funding is error-free and timely;
• Create and distribute communications, and arrange educational opportunities for the employees.
• Bachelor’s degree with 3 – 6 years of relevant HR experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, specifically in the areas of payroll processing and/or benefits;
• Previous use of ADP products desired;
• APA certification preferred;
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• In-depth knowledge of payroll laws and regulations and other related areas of compliance;
• Multi-state payroll processing experience desired;
• Solid understanding of accounting theories and practices, and previous general ledger and journal entry experience;
• Experience with ADP timekeeping systems, with an emphasis on reporting and data integrity;
• Capacity to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with outstanding customer service skills;
• Must be highly motivated, able to work independently and as a member of a team;
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
• Familiarity with manufacturing and industrial settings is helpful;
• Ability to meet deadlines and sort through information in order to resolve complex and abstract issues, and reconcile complicated and detailed data;
• Solid understanding of IRS & state record retention regulations.
If interested, please send your resume to Enid_Jackson-Poole@taiamerica.com