Only members may advertise positions. To submit an employment opportunity, please provide the following information as it will appear in the post: company name, company overview (optional), position title, position description, and how to apply. Please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org. The post will remain active for one month.
In Toyota Tsusho America’s complex business environment, the Payroll Specialist will apply advanced knowledge of all pay policies to verify, issue, and record adjustments related to prior pay periods or retroactive adjustments. Provides support to all levels of employees on payroll matters, tax issues, and deductions. Updates and maintains wage assignments, garnishments, child support orders, bankruptcy orders, and state and federal tax levies.
Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the company’s 401(K) plan, and provides consultation and assistance with employee education. Leads the development of employee communications. Primary point of contact for compliance responsibilities, including but not limited to audits, filings and participant notices.
This position requires a comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local payroll laws and regulations; company benefits structures; and HRIS functions and configurations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of the biweekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees;
• Researches system innovations to determine the most effective and efficient procedures for time and labor reporting, payroll processing, time keeping devices, leave and attendance management;
• Provides necessary information and documentation for all audits related to employees, payroll and/or benefits (i.e. 401k, annual company audit, wage and hour, etc.);
• Establish controls and auditing practices to ensure regulatory compliance with ERISA, DOL, HIPAA, etc.;
• Responsible for generating and verifying all employee W-2’s at year-end, corrective W-2C’s and amendments;
• Continuously seeks ways to improve existing processes and programs through the use of technology;
• Work directly with the vendors as needed for troubleshooting and evaluation of system updates;
• Establish and maintain end-to-end reporting requests, creation, and processes to develop a best practice approach to report delivery. Completes routine and ad hoc reports;
• Helps determine payroll processing guidelines, policies, and procedures and periodically conducts training for Human Resources staff and eTIME approvers;
• Compile and submit data to Accounting as needed, including but not limited to, PTO accruals.
• Lead the company’s annual Form 1094-C and 1095-C initiatives;
• Completes employee wage and employment verifications;
• Global payroll liaison on the company’s Expatriate team.
• Process QDROs, loans, withdrawals and terminations;
• Creates, calculates and makes timely deposits for deferrals, company match and profit share;
• Train subsidiaries regarding their tracking and submission of data related to payroll and the 401(K) plan;
• Perform nondiscrimination and other compliance testing;
• Ensure 401(K) plan is operating under the terms of the plan document;
• Work with Finance to ensure payroll and 401(K) funding is error-free and timely;
• Create and distribute communications, and arrange educational opportunities for the employees.
• Bachelor’s degree with 3 – 6 years of relevant HR experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, specifically in the areas of payroll processing and/or benefits;
• Previous use of ADP products desired;
• APA certification preferred;
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• In-depth knowledge of payroll laws and regulations and other related areas of compliance;
• Multi-state payroll processing experience desired;
• Solid understanding of accounting theories and practices, and previous general ledger and journal entry experience;
• Experience with ADP timekeeping systems, with an emphasis on reporting and data integrity;
• Capacity to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with outstanding customer service skills;
• Must be highly motivated, able to work independently and as a member of a team;
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
• Familiarity with manufacturing and industrial settings is helpful;
• Ability to meet deadlines and sort through information in order to resolve complex and abstract issues, and reconcile complicated and detailed data;
• Solid understanding of IRS & state record retention regulations.
If interested, please send your resume to Enid_Jackson-Poole@taiamerica.com
Job Title: Benefits Manager
Gray is a top-ranked design-build contractor offering architecture, engineering and construction services to domestic and international customers throughout the U.S. It’s the spirit of the people at Gray – passion, commitment and a great team environment – that makes our company a great place to work. Our purpose is to make a difference in people’s lives by creating unforgettable customer experiences and great projects. The people of Gray exemplify our core values: we put safety and quality of life first, we are customer and relationship driven and we demonstrate the golden rule – we treat others the way we want to be treated.
Who we want… (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years’ experience in Benefits Administration, or a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management and four (4) years’ experience in Benefits Administration; or 10+ years total experience in Benefits Administration.
- Possess advanced computer skills and abilities including the ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, HRIS and e-mail applications. Ability to process computer data, format and generate reports. Ability to multi-task and adjust work performance to changing priorities while sustaining required deadlines.
- An energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys a team environment, as well as a passion for collaboration and professional development. If you are a high achiever striving to exceed expectations in a fast-paced innovative company, then Gray is the place for you.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What we expect… (Essential Functions)
- Participates in the implementation and administration of benefit programs for all Gray Companies, which consists of 750+ team members. This includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending and health savings accounts Retirement Savings Plan, ESOP and others.
- Prepares and communicates information to current and former team members about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures.
- Participates in review and evaluation of services, coverage, and options available through insurance and investment companies to determine programs best meeting needs of organization.
- Maintains knowledge of government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations.
- Implements new benefit plans and/or changes. Prepares benefit enrollment materials and communications including SPD’s, overviews. etc. Responsible for conducting enrollment meetings.
- Responsible for EDI set up of new companies, benefits and/or providers with the benefits enrollment provider.
- Oversees insurance enrollments and changes in automated human resources information system to ensure accurate information is available for processing of payroll.
- Develops, maintains, and updates benefit related processes within the HRIS. Interfaces with Payroll to identify and troubleshoot system communications.
- Manages the response and documentation process for Qualified Medical Child Support (QMCS) and Court Ordered Insurance (COI) verifications.
- Develops company cost information for new plans and makes recommendations to management concerning sharing of cost between employer and team member.
- Prepares and executes, with legal consultation, benefit documentation such as original and amended plan documents, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instructs insurance carriers, trustees, and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefit program. Ensures prompt and accurate compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with ACA, COBRA, DOL, ERISA, HIPAA, etc. Supervises maintenance of benefit records, maintenance of enrollment applications and claims records.
- Responsible for oversight of leave administration including: STD, LTD, FMLA, ADA accommodations, etc.
- Manages the annual 401k & ESOP Audits, Annual Testing, 5500 and Plan Mergers. Maintains plan amendments, board resolutions, etc. Participates in RSP Committee Meetings and creates and maintains meeting minutes.
- Maintains communications between Gray and the ESOP TPA and created timeline to ensure annual census is generated timely and statements are produced as outlined.
- Supervises preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinates company benefits, with government sponsored programs.
- Responsible for wellness programs including WellRight, CSA, Bluegrass Wellness at Work, GrayMazing Race, etc.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of team member’s personal information.
Our Company will be proactive in employing and advancing qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status.
LINK to APPLY –