June Lunch and Learn
Sales Compensation Benchmarking
Joseph DiMisa, CSCP
Senior Client Partner, Global Sales Force Effectiveness Leader, Korn Ferry Hay Group
Wednesday, June 27th, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
During this highly interactive session you will learn how to use strategic market pricing to attract and retain key sales talent.
This session will show that sales compensation market pricing cannot be done by simply applying standard benchmarking to positions. In fact, several issues play into the compensation provided for a sales position. This workshop will provide a fundamental overview on market pricing and then dive into the issues specific to pricing sales roles.
Upon completion participants will be able to:
- Describe how strategic market pricing can be used to attract and retain key talent
- Distinguish between data and intelligence
- Assess data history and use surveys strategically
- Note: Surveys for sales positions can potentially look different from other surveys so emphasis will be on understanding sales comp surveys
- Describe how specific factors influence marketing pricing decisions for sales compensation
- Determine the appropriate total compensation for different sales positions based on a case study scenario
- Document and support the compensation decision
**June’s Lunch & Learn has been submitted for one HRCI credit & one professional development credit through SHRM.**
Register here. Registration deadline is Wednesday, June 20th.
BCA Current Members – No cost to attend
BCA Guests – $20 per Lunch & Learn
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Registration and Lunch
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Presentation
**Location: Rector Hayden Realtors Office
1099 Duval Street, Suite 250
Lexington, KY 40515
Session Facilitator – Joseph DiMisa
Mr. DiMisa is a Senior Client Partner and a member of Korn Ferry Hay Group’s Sales Effectiveness Practice leadership team. He works with leading companies to develop and implement sales strategies and sales effectiveness programs that drive profitable growth. Over his twenty years, Mr. DiMisa has worked across many industries and companies of all sizes including Fortune 500 companies, middle market organizations, provate equity forms and small business/startup organizations. Recognized as a thought leader, he is a contributor to numerous business periodicals including the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and WorldatWork publications.
Mr. DiMisa holds an MBA from the University of South Florida. He is a Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP) and is a trusted trainer and advisor for WorldatWork’s “Elements of Sales Compensation”, “Competitive Market Pay: Pricing Critical Sales Roles” certification courses and the “Sales Compensation 101” foundational course.